Hoefer-Wysocki is seeking a qualified Director of Retail to lead/manage business development efforts for HWA’s Retail business. Primary responsibility for coordinating HWA resources / specialists and developing innovative client solutions, assigning roles, managing deadlines and coaching team members.
• Assemble a multidisciplinary pursuit team for each pursuit
• Lead the development of a tailored “win strategy” for each pursuit
• Subject matter expert in the building type science, program and budgets, as well as consultant teaming, scope of services and fees.
• Manage the creation of proposals, presentations, and other client-facing materials with the pursuit team and marketing professionals
• Participate in client meetings / presentations and lead presentation prep sessions
• Lead / oversee pricing and contract negotiations
• Track all activity using a sales management database
• Complete post-mortems (win or lose)
• Identify and communicate market trends, opportunities and competitive threats
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent in education or experience. 10+ years of experience in architectural practice as a project manager in the Retail market preferred. Experience in commercial, mixed use and other areas a plus. Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint); REVIT experience; Deltek Vision experience; PMP certification a plus.
Requirements for this position include detail driven habits, ability to maintain focus in a fast paced environment. Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere and be deadline oriented.
• Strong ability to lead/direct, work with and develop staff. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to present to executives, and influence others
• Handles confidential and proprietary information.
• Ability to identify challenges and demonstrate independent judgment in decision making
• Takes initiative and demonstrates resourcefulness.
• Ability to travel as needed
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills professionally with both internal and external clients, consultants, and vendors to the organization; good spelling & grammar skills, multi-task orientated.